Monday, February 16, 2009

Breakfast and Dessert


Today is Family Day in Ontario so I nominally have the day off. Since I have to do some work anyway, it might as well be done as comfortably as possible. After a traditional Filipino breakfast of rice, fried egg and longaniza, I looked for cookies in my cupboard. I couldn't find any but I wanted a snack so logically, my thoughts turned to ice cream which I had in my freezer.
Toronto's grocery selection of Ben & Jerry's ice cream is not very extensive (i.e. only one or two of the chocolate-based ice creams) so I usually end up getting New York Super Fudge Chunk, which is one of my favorites anyway. It went well with my post-breakfast coffee and I am ready to face the day!
I don't know why we, as a society, don't associate dessert with breakfast. It's not as bizarre as one might think, since people eat over-sugared danishes and Count Chocula cereals (hmm...I guess my affinity for the latter makes it seem perfectly normal to me to have chocolate ice cream before noon).

No comments:

Post a Comment